Monday, July 27, 2009

Off to Costa Rica

Nancy put on her Facebook wall that she was going to Costa Rica and
would share details later. She called my wife yesterday and said that
she was going to teach English as a second language down there and
rent a room from someone she met down there. No contract, no details,
just statements about how God had answered her prayers and how great
it was going to be.

She nonchalantly said that she was going to turn her car in to the
bank since she couldn't make payments on it anyways and was already
$10,000 behind.

I truly hope she isn't leaving the country to escape paying her
bills. I'm pretty sure Costa Rica has an e tradition agreement with
the United States, and would hate to see her dragged back here by
Federal Marshals to pay her debts or be jailed as a criminal.

What a shame. It saddens me to see her go further down this
destructive path, but I also find it interesting and wonder where she
will stop or if she will atop at all.