Wednesday, July 22, 2009

She says she's desparate

Last night my wife came to me and said that her sister Nancy was "desparate". She explainedd that Nancy didn't have any money and was not going to have a place to saty after the end of this month.

I told her that we could give her a place to stay for 30 day, but we will not give her any money. I explained that I did not want to enable Nancy to continue down this path of destruction she has chosen. I told my wife that it's hard to watch someone flail around in raging water when you're standing on the rocks, and that Nancy had thrown herself out in the water gleefully and chose to stay out there. I told her that the only thing we could offer was a place of new beginning, not a way to go further down the road of selfishness and self-centeredness Nancy has been running down.

It's hard - Nancy turned Sue down and is talking about moving back to where she lived before, a place that she said she hated because it was a small town. We'll have to see if the Lord can get through to her...